We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Acer 1350 laptop running slowly

algo mas

Likes # 0

Laptop running fine until a couple of days ago. Running xp with S.Pack 3 , 2GB ram. Have got rid of junk etc. Task manager stats:

Physical: Total 2062832 AV. 702800 System cache 797200

Commitchange? Peak: 1479368

CPU usage: 100% [with pcadvisor running].

Peak Usage 1.22gb

I have 5.13gb free space.

In Applications, I seem to have 3 Iexplorers running?

Suggestions please.

Like this post
algo mas

Likes # 0

My computer seems to be running fine since yesterday evening. I am running Iexplorer without add ons. I am also not getting double windows coming up when clicking on a link. I ran spybot seek and destroy and found several faults including that my anti virus was switched off when it was not. Spybot corrested that.

The computer was running slower than normal off the internet especially when printing photos. It took a long time for the computer to tell the printer to print. Regarding CPU usage it seems to be normal now jumping from say30 to 90 back and forth. Yes, one explorer.exe and 4 Iexplorer running.Total memory usage about 44,000k. I did say that Apple ? was hogging 90 of CPU. Since I disabled it computer is fine. I think I will delete the programme QuickTime as I do not really need it and I think this is the culprit. I would like to thank all of you for suggesting things [and giving up your time to help],even if I did mis-read and run IE without addons!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...