We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

facebook problem IE8

johnnyrocker

Likes # 0

been away a few days and find that facebook display is all over the shop layoutwise but ok in firefox? is it my end or theres?

johnny

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Try this - Go to Control Panel - accessibility options - display - turn off use high contrast

Like this post
johnnyrocker

Likes # 0

thanks for suggestion but it was not ticked anyway

johnny

Like this post
johnnyrocker

Likes # 0

maybe the evening shift can help? it was ok when i went away for the weekend

johnny

Like this post
johnnyrocker

Likes # 0

this evening while being bored about the problem i tried system restore to before i went away and no change, but strangely enough is still ok on firefox any ideas please?

johnny

Like this post
letsgetrdy

Likes # 0

Do you have any advert blocking software installed, have you reset IE to it's default preferences. Cleared all of IE's cache?

Please describe in more detail, are objects appearing above other things, text boxes not aligned etc?

Like this post
johnnyrocker

Likes # 0

further checks reveal no problems on fire fox or google chrome, in explorer8 profile and friends is on the right hand side of pic and to check posts etc one has to scroll down about 2 thirds of the screen where they start to appear and i am at a loss have run avg and malware

johnny

Like this post
johnnyrocker

Likes # 0

anyone?

johnny

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Have you tried compatibility view?

Compatibility view.

Like this post
johnnyrocker

Likes # 0

i have thank you and no change, what i dont understand is there was no problem before i went away for a weekend?

johnny

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 will be a free update

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy an iPhone 6 (or any smartphone) on contract: Get the latest tech and save...

IDG UK Sites

Corel Painter 2015 review

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK