We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Free ebook reader

kimtrnc

Likes # 0

Just treated myself to an e-reader. Every site I've been on says it has free ebooks....but none of them actually have! Anyone recommend a REAL free book download site, please?

Upcoming long flight......

Thanks in advance kimig

Like this post
cocteau48

Likes # 0

Possibly something here:enter link description here

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

What make of e-reader is it ? The reason I ask is because you have to buy "books" that are compatible with your reader - see here enter link description here

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Only 36,000 to chose from here

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

Amazon.co.uk

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

HondaMan - I think you will find that Amazon e-books are only compatible with the Amazon Kindle.

Like this post
kimtrnc

Likes # 0

Thanks lads - that gives me something to chew on. I have just bought a BInatone ereader. Bit late to ask, but any commenst, good or bad, as to your view?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I use the free Calibre ebook manager, it can handle and convert almost any format of ebook and put them on all types of devices (it also has a built in viewer/reader for reading on your pc).

calibre is a free and open source e-book library management application developed by users of e-books for users of e-books http://calibre-ebook.com/about

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

kimtrnc - Bit late to ask, but any comments, good or bad, as to your view?

The only thing you may find if you are reading for long periods your Binatone is backlit and may strain your eyes in comparison to the Amazon Kindle which is E-ink and easier on the eyes.

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

I think you will find that Amazon e-books are only compatible with the Amazon Kindle.

Yes, but for most other readers, you can get a Kindle download which enables you to read Kindle books.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I found this useful to know Tutorial: The ABCs of e-book format conversion Easy Calibre tips

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

See the festive spots creative companies have released for Christmas

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad