We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Catalyst Contorl Centre

Darkhisagi

Likes # 0

Hello,

Recently, my Catalyst Contorl Centre has stop working and each time I boot up or tries to open up the control centre, an error message like this pops up:

Cataylst Control Centre:host APplication has stopped working Windows is searching for soultion

This happened after I somehow got an adware online. And Google Search functions returned to normal this morning after my Panda Antivirus detected 2 Adware Programs in my App Data Roaming files.

I think a registry cleaner can sort this out, but dunno which one to try/trust. Also, my graphics card has not been overclocked in the contorl centre either.

Thanks very much!

Like this post
PSF

Likes # 0

It would be best to un-install and re-install your drivers, Have a look at the link for removing and installing new drivers. http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Like this post
Darkhisagi

Likes # 0

Hello,

Thankss fr your reply. I have tried unistalling the Catalyst Contorl Centre, but in Unistall Programs, al it say's is Repair.

And when I tried to click repair/repair it, it says 'The feature your trying to use is a network resource and is unviliable?'

So I can't repair it nor unistall it, can you help me please?

Many Thanks

Like this post
PSF

Likes # 0

You could try running this first http://support.microsoft.com/mats/ProgramInstalland_Uninstall

Or download and run the Windows Installation clean up Utility, I have used this a few times when ptograms will not un-install.

Like this post
Darkhisagi

Likes # 0

Hello,

PSF< i have managed to unistall Catalyst Contorl Centre by unistalling all ATI programs using their Install manager. However,, once I downloaded the Catalyst Contorl Centre again, the same error message pops up?

Many Thanks

Like this post
PSF

Likes # 0

Have you run Windows update to make sure that your Microsoft .net framework and Microsoft Visual C++ is upto date. I have had that before with ATI drivers. In the end I removed all .net and C++ and then rebooted and then re-run Windows update to re-install them. reboot after updates as well.

When you uninstalled the drivers did you shut down and then restart?

Don't let Windows install the drivers cancel the install and then run the installation from where you have downloaded the new drivers. It is best to use drivers for graphics cards direct from ATI and not use the Microsoft drivers. You get less problems using ATI drivers.

Like this post
Darkhisagi

Likes # 0

@ PSF

I'm sorry, btu I dont understand how to do all thoe things, Im not an expert at these things, please can you give me simple instructions so i can follow?

Also, after I unistall it, I didnt reboot nor after the installation is complete. However, just when the installation is completed, the error popped up on itself???

Thanks

Like this post
PSF

Likes # 0

First have you downloaded the latest drivers for your graphics card? If not go to http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDSupportHub.aspx and download driver for you card, make sure you download the correct version for your operating system. eg Xp or Win 7 32 or 64.

I take it by the fault described you have Win 7. If you do click Start>>>> control panel>>>>>> Programs and features>>>> then uninstal the Microsoft .net and microsoft visual C++ programs, re-start the computer and the run Windows update which will re-install the .net and C++ programs, once installed run windows update again for the updates for .Net, you may have to do this a couple of times as there are a few updates that have to be installed in order.

When that is all upto date remove the ATI programs as you did before.

Restart the computer, when the 'new hardware program' starts cancel it and ignore the problem message about the driver.

Then install the drivers from where you downloaded them. Once installed you will have to restart to finish off the installation. Hopefully that should resolve your problem....

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...