We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Wireless capability turned off

Vincent

Likes # 0

My HP laptop (Windows Vista, 4-5 five years old) has started to malfunction. I cannot connect to the router attached to my PC. The message tells me that the wireless capability is turned off. It says "Turn on wireless capability - this can be done by using as switch which can usually be found on side of computer or a function key combination." I can find no switch on my laptop, and don't know how which function key combination to press. Can anyone help me, please?

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

If there isn't an actual switch on the side/front of the Laptop to switch "wireless" On/Off, it is probably done with a combination of the Fn key and one of the F keys at the top of the keyboard. Look for one with a symbol in the same colour as the Fn key showing a radio icon - a mast with a series of concentric circle segments radiating from it.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

What model is your HP?

Like this post
Vincent

Likes # 0

Thank you both who replied to my request for help. I have resolved the problem by being shown how to find the wireless button on my laptop. This is now resolved.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

iPhone buying advice: Should I buy an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, or iPhone 5c, or wait for7......