We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

bt home hub set up

sopwith

Likes # 0

i may be asking a stupid question here but here we go ive recently changed from orange b/b to bt via home hub 3 wireless the problem im having is that the connewction only appears ro work via an internet gateway is this correct or should it just connect via wireless its ages since i had to set up new broad band cos i stuck with orange for years very foolishly it appears

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

sopwith - how were you connected to Orange BB? Wireless, or by Cable from Router to PC? HomeHub3 needs to be connected to PC via Ethernet Cable (supplied with Hub), and for this of course your PC needs a Ethernet Card, or if it is a laptop, an Ethernet connection socket for the cable.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

If you are useing wireless you will need to set the PC to the routers security code, that is on the little pull out tab on the top of the HH3, also put one of the stickers that came with the HH on PC.

Like this post
T0SH

Likes # 0

There is no set up required on the BT home hubs and unless you connect to it by USB cable there is no need to install anything from the provided CD

one of the best online sources for info is here

http://www.filesaveas.com/bthomehub.html

Cheers HC

Like this post
GBL

Likes # 0

I ran the CD to set up wireless on my laptop which made it easy.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 will be a free update

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy an iPhone 6 (or any smartphone) on contract: Get the latest tech and save...

IDG UK Sites

Corel Painter 2015 review

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK