We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Printing addresses on Christmas envelope labels

firegamp

Likes # 0

I want to print my Christmas card addresses this year, on peel-off self-stick labels. I have lots of A4 sheets, each with 16 plain labels, 89mm x 36mm. I have two Brother printers - an HL-2035 mono laser and a DCP-385C colour inkjet. Are there any quick-and-easy bog-standard programmes I could use (free or otherwise)? And are there any pitfalls, with laser heat and the sticky substance on labels, for instance? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks. firegamp

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

If you have a word processor such as Microsoft Word it will have an inbuilt facility for printing labels, which may recognise the make of label or give you a facility for setting up your own custom facility.

Like this post
AroundAgain

Likes # 0

Hi Firegamp

I use peel- self stick in both inkjet and laser (HP's) without problem.

Yes, if you have MS Word, you can go to Tools, Letters and Mailings, Envelopes and Labels and follow the instructions. (Using Word 2003, so may be slightly different on another version)

I found Aone 28189 Address label to match the height of yours, although the width is slight smaller but you could accommodate this with paying attention to where you place the address when typing (suggest using margins)

Hope this helps Cheers

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

If you have an 'Office' program then get a free template here: Avery should find anything you need and very easy to use. I use different address labels for my Ebay stuff and return address.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

I have been using the free Avery Design Pro for several years now and find it extremely simple and intuitive to use.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...