We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Internet Explorer v9

Ghylly46

Likes # 0

In April, IE9 was successfully downloaded and I have had few problems except for printing pdf documents. When I try to print off my energy bill from a well known energy supplier or try to print off a boarding pass for a popular budget airline, nothing happens - no print, no saved file. I have successfully printed off my (pdf)bank statement and telephone bill with no problems. It was becoming very frustrating especially when the energy company stated that it was nothing to do with them! I decided, therefore, to uninstall IE9 and revert back to IE8 and bingo, I have now successfully printed off my energy bill and boarding cards with no problems at all. So, is it a case of changing a setting within IE9 so that I can always print off pdf documents or is it because these 2 company's software hasn't yet been upgraded to work with IE9? Any help/advise would be most welcome.

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

Have you tried running the sites in question in IE9's compatability mode ?

If the option is missing from the browser header for that site then add that site manually via IE9 menu bar and "tools" option. It's not in the normal "tools" option at the right of screen.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

There was another thread about this recently. Regrettably you are not alone in having problems with pdf files and IE9 in relation to some webaites. In my case I cannot download and print my credit card statements. Others have also found the same with bank statements, etc. You have a slightly different problem as it is a energy bill and boarding pass but I reckon that the same underlying snag applies. I find it all works ok with other browsers (Firefox, Chrome and Safari) so it must be a problem with IE9 and those sites. I think you are stuck until the companies get their sites to work with IE9. Compatibility view doesn't make any difference.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad