We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Mouse and keyboard freeze

geedad

Likes # 0

HP Pavilion p6530 PC, Windows 7 Home Premium, i5 Intel. Wireless Mouse and Keyboard. I am experiencing problems as follows: Start Up, OK, but screen remains frozen with no response from mouse or keyboard. The cursor spins forever, and no matter when I click it or the keyboard, there is no response. After switching off at the mains, and re-starting the PC it works OK, hence my being able to post this problem to the Forum. The batteries on both components are fresh. Having thought about it as I compose this , the cursor, when working, does seem to offer sluggish response. I am still under warranty for the PC, but my first action is to ask members if there is a fix for this before approaching usually delayed response from the PC suppliers. Has any member experienced a similar problem? geedad

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

several possibilities

PSu failing

hard drive problems

but I would first do a startup repair (at least three times)

and a disk check.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Or see if it works ok in safe mode and click on last good configuration.

That worked for me but mine was a USB mouse and keyboard.

Or a system restore to when it did work Ok maybe.

Like this post
geedad

Likes # 0

Fruit Bat /\0/\ buteman Thanks, both. Something to work on. geedad

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Fire HD 6 is a really good value tablet. The Amazon Fire HD 7 isn't. Amazon Fire HD 6 and...

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

ACLU's Halloween-themed animation warns of dangers of ignoring threats to your privacy

IDG UK Sites

20 lesser-known tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert