We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Deleting saves in Microsoft 2007 word doc

podlod
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi, if you click the large button on the left hand side at the top of the screen, a panel will open and it enables you to use various options such as print, email, etc; well one of the items in question i wish to refer to is the save button. when I click this option it has a list of all my past docs that I have made, can you please enlightem me as to how I can delete them, and for future also? thank you.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Just delete the original document from wherever you have it saved, it is only listed as you have recently opened it.

If you just want to delete the history or change the amount of Docs displayed. Try this.

Open office 2007 click on Office button, then Word Options.
Then the advanced tab, scroll down to the Display section, then Show this number of Recent Documents. Setting this number to 0 will clear the list. You can then reset the number if/as desired.

Remember Brian' Google is your friend.

Like this post  
podlod

Likes # 0

Hi Glenn, thanks again, it worked a treat, and yes I know google is my friend ....... but my brain is not!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...