We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Uk Domain Registrars or US Registrar

ethelbert

Likes # 0

Hi there, I host my sites with Bluehost.com as they IMO have the most to offer and I have been with them for several years now.

I now wish to move a domain name from 1and1.co.uk and want to know which is recommended best domain registrar in Britain please. Other than that I will possibly use Namecheap as they are accodng to many American web design friends the best.

So an you advise please which to go for in the UK? I had thought of Heart Internet, but would like reviews of others please. Many thanks,

Jill

Like this post
Proclaimer

Likes # 0

I think you have about three things mixed up into one thought there.

Domain Name Registration; Several options available in the UK, 123-reg, godaddy, ukreg to mention a few. Just Google Domain Name Registration and choose one based on your needs.

UK Domain Name Registrars; Once you choose a company to Register your domain that will be listed with Nominet, the UK Domain Name Registrars, Managing domain names on behalf of customers.

UK Web Hosting: A company that will provide Windows or Linux based web hosting solutions for you to load your website onto their servers.

For a web host, I would recommend a company called Storm Internet.

Like this post
ethelbert

Likes # 0

Many thanks for clearing that up. I will look up Storm Internet.

Like this post
ethelbert

Likes # 0

Thanks, I've sorted it now, with a bit more thinking and it now validates.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 vs iPad mini 2 comparison: New iPad mini 3 isn't worth £80 more

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

View an animated vision of a better future for Ethiopian girls

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...