We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Laptop stuck in sleep mode ZZZzzzz

catch33

Likes # 0

Hello peeps ive got a bit of a problem with my laptop (acer x58l) its stuck in sleep mode grrrrrr..it starts up has ZZZ light up green saying its in sleep mode. black screen soon as it starts up. cant get into bios list tried to plug it into a monitor nowt :( this is what i have done... drained the battery pressed the power for 45sec without battery in.. taken bios battery for a while, put new ram in, new harddrive,

and now im just stuck and money down that i did't have :( if anyone could help that would be very great full..

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Have you tried starting in safe mode just keep tapping F5 or F8 as the computer starts.

Like this post
catch33

Likes # 0

No joy but thanks :) just put a windows disk in still no luck with that ethier...

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Remove hard drive and reboot should get to error message then BIOS.

Like this post
catch33

Likes # 0

removed hdd no joy also removed cpu no joy there also...still alseep.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

catch33

Having googled for the problem it does seam to be the only ones that managed to fix it was by installing a new motherboard.

There were other fixes but you had to be able to start the computer first.

Not sure if you get a graphics card on a laptop but maybe try without it if you can.

I know that you took the C-moss battery out and put it in again,just wondering if a new battery would have helped.

Having taken the battery out it may have changed the Bios settings and you can't get into the Bios to reset them.

So far I have seen no fixes for a laptop that will not start but lets hope someone can give you the help that you need.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 tips & tricks: Get to know iOS 8's handy new features