We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

pdf file sent to USA will not open ?

Baskerville

Likes # 0

Hello all,

I sent a pdf file in an email but the person on the other side of the pond cannot open it ? she said it just will not open, she knows very little about computers and I think that she may not have Adobe on her comp, does anyone recommend a fix that will allow her to open this file ? or does she need to download Adobe to open this file and if so would Adobe 10 be of use in the USA ? she asked me to send her the photo's that are in the pdf file but it will not let me save them as individual photo's.

Many thanks for any help,

Baskerville.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

free pdf readers

try foxit

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 1

I use foxit for my pdf's

You have given no information on the pc in the USA so it is difficult to advise specifics.

It may be that she already has a program to open .pdf's, have you asked what programs are installed and what O/S (XP, W7)?

Is she trying to open the .pdf straight from the attachment in the email or has she saved it to a folder in 'Documents'?

What email client does she use on her pc or is she using Webmail from her ISP or Windows Live?

Does she get any error message? for example "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action"

If she does not have a program to open .pdf's there are several available and for free and it does not matter where in the world you are they will work.

As a workaround if you are unable to save the pics separately on your pc, have you considered taking screenshots of them and saving each screenshot as a .jpg You can enlarge the pic on screen before you take a screenshot and then crop the borders in whatever program you use for images.

Like this post
Baskerville

Likes # 0

Thanks for your help,

I couldn't include any details as she struggles with her computer especially when it plays up.

I sent her the link to Foxit,

Cheers,

Baskerville.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...