We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

'Full Programs on DVDs'?

Housten

Likes # 0

Good afternoon,

A couple of hours ago our post was delivered. My post was PCA for 'NOV 2011' and so I had a look at the DVD. What I find odd - and I hope I will be corrected on this - is that included is 'ADVANCED SYSTEMCARE PRO 4.0'. Now I have had quite a few emails offering me the new version but the number is '10.5'. This would seem to be, therefore, quite an old programme and yet there is only a three month 'free' period, before it has to be paid for and PCA have included it under 'FULL PROGRAMS' whereas I think that it should be under 'TRIALS'. Because that's what you are getting before you have to purchase it. On top of all that I have been asking a few questions lately and the advice I have received is not to bother with it - so does PCA ignore its own forums when putting together the DVDs?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Suggest you address your query to the Forum Editor

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

Housten

very good question sounds like a trial, maybe a typo error at pca.

I use ASC Pro have done for several years, they often offer a free licence in offers on line these are normally for one year.

Like this post
Housten

Likes # 0

northumbria61 and sunnystaines,

Good morning, gentlemen,

[ Although it is teaming down here!! ]

Yes, I know I could have asked the FE directly but what I was interested in was what were other peoples opinions. I was not 100% certain that I was being - or rather I was trying to be - unbiased and I wondered what others were thinking! I mean that if there were some replies and most thought I was being biased/unreasonable/stupid it would hardly be worth asking the FE in that case, even if - in the unlikely event - I was correct, would it! At the moment it would seem 50/50, so I will leave it for the time being in the hope that there are some more replies/posts, and then see which way to go. Or maybe you have different views but those were mine, and I stick by them.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Are you sure there is a version 10.5? I can't find any reference to that on .iobit.com it only has V4

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

my version of ASC is ver 4.10. there is a beta of version 5 out.

10.5 i do not think this is a version number.

Like this post
Housten

Likes # 0

Gentlemen,

Whoops!! I believe I owe a very big apology over this - I was confusing two programmes! However I stick by my point that 'Full Versions ' of programmes on the DVDs should not have a limit on them. Yes, I can see that companies want to know how many people are using their software so online registration is acceptable, but 3 and/or 6 months before they fall over I think is incorrect/wrong/or whatever else you want to call it!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...