We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Speed of DVD/CD Writer

Border View
Resolved

Likes # 0

Can anyone please help me find out at what speed my new DVD/CD writer records at?

I run with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit and in System Information it says the writer is a

TSST corp CDDVDW SH-222AB ATA device

Sorry if the answer is obvious but I dont know where to look - thank you.

Like this post
Border View

Likes # 0

Would appear not.

I have unoppened Memorex Recordable Media CD-R 700 MB 52X 80min CDs and don't know if these will work on my new computer which runs with Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.

Don't want to break the seal on this back of 100 CDs. If I can't use them I shall put them on e-bay. But in the meanwhile don't know what to do with them.

Hope this additional information helps those who are prepared to offer advice.

Thank you.

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

Product Spec. Click here

"CD-R 700 MB 52X 80min CDs".. Should write at 48X (7.2MB/sec).

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

Its unlikely that your machine will write at a faster speed than 52x and discs will always write at a lower speed, which is preferable for accurate recording.

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

The computer will adjust the spped it writes to the Cd /DVD to ensure a good copy, so the write speed is not important.

Terry

Like this post
Border View

Likes # 0

Many thanks for responding. Seems I was coming at the question from the wrong direction. Will use the CDs with confidence now.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

2015 visual trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal what should be inspiring us in 2015

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do