We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

monitor has no signal

Jaynedoe

Likes # 0

Help please. My monitor suddenly has an error message saying no input signal going to sleep. I have tried another monitor-still same, I tried a new cable-still same, I borrowed another PCIe graphics card-still same. What has happened please? Anyone have an idea? Win xp mobo ASUS P5GPL-x. This computer has worked brilliant for ages and suddenly this.

Like this post
Jaynedoe

Likes # 0

update. I have now tried the graphic card in another machine and it works ok. Could the PCEi slot on the mobo have gone and if so can I fit a card that does not use PCEi? Thanks

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 0

I take it you have tried re installing the drivers?

If you have then there are PCI graphic cards but they are old tech now PCI Graphic Cards

Like this post
Jaynedoe

Likes # 0

just to update. it appears the motherboard had gone and i had to have a new one at pc 2000. thanks

Like this post
Jaynedoe

Likes # 0

i cant see where i can tick resolved anymore but the problem is sorted.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Click on the big grey tick on the right next to any or the post that solved problem and it will turn green. Now refresh the page and thread will show as 'Resolved'

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

He says the motherboard as gone! very unusual normally the power supply is the thing the goes first

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......