We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Virus Trojans problem

Ex plorer
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi after opening my email this morning one or two of my trusted sites I have used for years had links in them and when clicked on a McAfee warning was shown as below.

McAfee Secure search Whoa! Are you sure you want to go there?

tiscali.co.uk may try to steal your information. Why were you redirected to this page?

• When we visited this site, we found it may be designed to trick you into submitting your financial or personal information to online scammers. This is a serious security threat which could lead to identity theft, financial losses or unauthorized use of your personal information

I ran a deep scan Ad-Aware and it found Trojan.Kryptik.laq v. now Deleted its the 3rd time I have had to deal with this in 3 searches.

Is there a tool to remove it I have looked on Google loads of options just hope there may be an easy way round this.

A Full McAfee scan found nothing.

Whilst looking through C Drive, I found freeze.com in eBay Tool bar?. The only trace I have of ebay is in the Bing search tool as far as I know.

Still having problems with email.

OS Vista Full McAfee and Ad-Aware for protection.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Have you tried the sequence [here]?1

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

Select "defender32.exe" under Processes there is no entry for defender32.exe I opened all users although, I am the only user on this Laptop.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

If no luck on here maybe try the Malware removal forum as it looks like it could be difficult to remove.

http://www.malwareremoval.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=11

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

Hi I successfully got rid of Trojan.Kryptik.laq v.

Ad-Aware could find it but after deleting and rebooting it came back.

Cutting a Long story short, I removed Opera with Revo and that took care of the Trojan.Kryptik.laq v.

I used Opera a while ago as FF was not responding very well and it must have crept onto my system then.

Trying to resolve the problem with email today as most links clicked on throws up

McAfee Secure search Whoa! Are you sure you want to go there?

tiscali.co.uk may try to steal your information. Why were you redirected to this page?

I am with Tiscali BB cant see why they would want to steal information. Full message in my first thread.

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

Switched off McAfee Safe Search and the problem is now cured, so I reckon it wasn't a virus just a problem in the Safe-Searh just been to sensitive.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

What's the best smartwatch? 11 iWatch rivals compared in our wearables round-up

IDG UK Sites

App cloning: the mobile software industry’s hidden shame

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features