We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Needing Ext hard drive - advice pls?

AroundAgain

Likes # 0

Hi I have been looking around for External hard drive but there is so much variation, it is making it hard for me to know what to buy that will be reliable.

I only need this for backup/storage, not wanting to pay for exensive or fancy drives.

Would someone please make some suggestions as to where to buy from, what makes are less expensive but reliable. Capacity would be anything from 500Gb, maybe 1Tb.

Thanks

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Something like this to carry the harddrive: Caddy but of course there are many others to choose from. Then just add a hard-drive 500GB or 1TB again shop around.

Like this post
RussB78

Likes # 0

I got a Seamans 1TB External Hard Drive with Acronis True Image Backup Software (Free Gift) for £49-99 about three weeks ago, may well be worth a look to see if their still available.

Like this post
RussB78

Likes # 0

Really Sorry, From Argos

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Buffalow Ministation

Extremely pleased with the one I bought about 2 months ago. Small and efficient. My advice is to format it before use to clear it out (It takes a long time on a drive this size)

Like this post
AroundAgain

Likes # 0

Thanks very much for all your suggestions. It's certainly given me a good basis to work from.

Thanks again Cheers

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G3 release date, price, specs and new features 2014

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

PCs vs consoles: PCs still pwn when it comes to gaming (and everything else)

IDG UK Sites

NAB 2014: Affordable 4K cameras, boundary-pushing plug-ins & drone domination