We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Error Msg: "CANNOT DISPLAY THIS VIDEO MODE"

gponteau

Likes # 0

When I boot up the monitor (Dell Flat Model E172FPt) displays the OS just fine... If I walk away and computer locks requiring Admin sign on... Prompt accepts user name and password, but monitor can't seem to display back to where it left off. I get a black screen saying 'CANNOT DISPLAY THIS VIDEO MODE'. I can remote to my PC and access all my sessions fine, but to get the monitor to display, I have to reboot and do another startup for the monitor to display.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

The Resolution is Wrong For the Monitor, You need to find out what it should run at and change it in Display Settings

Like this post
sheraz.civnom

Likes # 0

Your monitor do not support the resolution you have configured on your graphic card. Try to boot your computer in VGA Mode by pressing F8 during boot process and reconfigure some lower resolution. After that boot in normal mode and check

Sheraz.civnom www.civnomtechnologies.com

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

7 coolest 3D-printed objects: Body parts, houses, camera lenses and even pizza

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks