We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Hdd booting problem

Commander Straker

Likes # 0

My pc was accidentally unplugged whilst working and now wont boot. Get to Win 7 splash screen but then a brief blue screen flash and it boots up again with the same result. Start up screens run okay but I note that under one of my raid drives under type/ Status it shows Error Occured (O) in red. Doesnt sound good ! Is this recoverable does anyone know ? Thanks

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Have a read here for your options enter link description here

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Probably worth tapping f8 during the boot to get to advanced options, then hit the 'disable automatic restart on system failure'. You should then be able to read the fault codes on the BSOD, which may help diagnosis.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Boot from the Win 7 DVD and select Start up repair.

If no DVD the Try tapping F8 or F5 to get to Advance tools menu then select Start up repair.

Like this post
Commander Straker

Likes # 0

Thanks guys for responses. Fished out the Win 7 DVD but took me a while to realise I could accept the 'install' screens and find the repair option which seems to have done the trick. The 'Error Occured' in red still shows at start up next to one of the Raid drives but all appears to be functioning again. Appreciate the support once again.

Like this post
sheraz.civnom

Likes # 0

Try to boot using SafeMode and if you were using RAID setup in your computer try to use RAID software to check harddrive health checkup. You can also rebuilt your second hard drive you were using Disc Mirroring.

Sheraz.civnom www.civnomtechnologies.com

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia