We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Unable to uninstall or reinstall Lotus SmartSuite

stlucia2
Resolved

Likes # 0

After formatting my C:\ drive, and reinstalling Windows XP (and all updates) and my program files, a week later I've now found that Lotus doesn't work, even though it did immediately after the reinstall. I get "This application has failed to start because LGLN12.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

So I tried to reinstall Lotus from the original CD, but I get the message "Error 1327. Invalid Drive: D:\". I get the same error message if I try to uninstall the present installation first, or if I try to run the program from the CD.

I've used Regedit to go through all the Lotus entries under HKEYLOCALMACHINE/SOFTWARE and change all D:\Lotus... references to C:\Lotus..., but still the error message comes up about invalid drive D:. I have no D:\ drive, by the way, because Windows reassigned all my drive letters some time after the reinstall.

Would a simple way to get rid of Lotus be to (a) delete the Lotus program folder completely and (b) delete the Lotus entry in the registry? Are there any other registry entries I should be looking for?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Maybe try Using Revo Uninstaller on setting 4 to remove it.

If you have not used Revo before you only remove those printed in thick Black.

Like this post  
stlucia2

Likes # 0

Thanks buteman. I've installed the 30-day trial of Revo, and it's looking good. It couldn't uninstall Lotus because it relies on Lotus' own installer to do that part of the process, so I've deleted all the Lotus files manually and now Revo has gone on to stage 3 where it's presented me with a list of all the redundant and/or incorrect registry entries so I can pick the ones to delete. Thanks for the warning about selecting only bold black entries.

I tried RegCure earlier, but it requires me to pay if I want to remove the 300+ errors it detected :-(

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

stlucia2. I had Lotus for years until switching to W7, where it does not work. If you ever decide to change to W7, I reccomend saving your work in Excel, Word etc format within Lotus or to use .rtf for word processed stuff. I have Lotus Symphony but it will not read Smartsuite formats.

Like this post
stlucia2

Likes # 0

Job done -- Revo has cleaned up the registry, and Lotus has reinstalled without error. Thanks again, buteman.

john bunyan, I've recently switched to Excel, but I needed Lotus because I hadn't yet exported all my 1-2-3 files in .XLS format, and Lotus is not on the list of data files that Excel is able to import direct. Rest assured, I've just gone through all my Lotus files now and exported them, so hopefully I won't need to use Lotus again.

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

By the way,Revo is free,no need to buy a paid for version.

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

By the way,Revo is free,no need to buy a paid for version.

Like this post
stlucia2

Likes # 0

Ahh ... I didn't scroll down the screen far enough, and I just clicked on the "Download 30 days free trial" button, which is for Revo Pro. I see the free version now, further down the page.

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

Ive also used Lotus for many years and still am. Witout any problems This for dispite john bunyan posting does also work on Win 7 Any problems installing on win 7 use adminstrator options

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this...

IDG UK Sites

Tech trends 2015: 3D printing grows up

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & other Black Friday tech offers