We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Using Word

ponytail

Likes # 0

I have office 2007 and am having problems using word.I have to click on home every time I want to change something.I click on home then click on bold then I have to go back to home to select italic and then again to choose the size of the lettering and also when I choose the colour when I go to compose the document it is black not my chosen colour any ideas

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Not got word 7 but dont you just highlight the words then chose the style or colouro

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

If when using Word 2007 you use a different tab to the hone tab then you have to go back to Home to get the format ribbon. But it isn't a big deal. However it helps is you know some of the keyboard shortcuts eg ctrl-b toggles bold on and off, ctrl-i does the same for italics. This article may help Keyboard shortcuts.

With colour I am not sure whether you need to change the colour during a document or you want it to always open with a colour other than black. For the latter you need to set it as the default which changes the template.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

If you mean that you want to make several changes at once do as eedcam says highlight the word and make your changes.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite