We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Spreadsheet in open office

Daiol
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi,Not long installed open office,And went to some some of my weekly accounts which I did with excell.Done all the info but when it came to adding up the weekly spending I could not find a way to add up the 4 cells IE I wanted to add cell 1 column c =£16.58p.Cell 2 column C = £ 23.55p.How do I add those up,With microsoft spreadsheet I could lighlight the req cells and click on a symbol in the top tool bar.Any help please. daiol.

Like this post
Belatucadrus

Likes # 0

The Sum button is on the Formula bar which I thought was part of the default setting, if not try View then tick Formula bar which should reveal it.

Like this post
Daiol

Likes # 0

Yea Thanks found the sum button thats the sideways 'M'.That does additions,Now how about subtractions is there another tab for that Thanks.d.

Like this post
AroundAgain

Likes # 0

"Now how about subtractions is there another tab for that"

Is there one in Excel? If so, what does it look like?

Or, are you just hopeful??? ;)

Like this post
Daiol

Likes # 0

didn't use excell sorry it was spread sheet in microsoft works it had an calculator type icon on tool bar you had an option to add subtract multiply etc.Thanks.

Like this post
octal

Likes # 0

It should look like this on the top tool bar ? it's called a summation sign or Sigma sign.

Like this post
octal

Likes # 0

Sorry, it won't take the coding on this site for it, like this though.

Like this post  
Daiol

Likes # 0

thanks all Sorted.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...