We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Medion laptop wont boot up- What do i do?

bob dob

Likes # 0

Help. My faithful 4 year old Medion MIM2230 laptop will not start up. I recently turned it off, opened the laptop and all i got was the two or three red lights on the front left but it wouldn't boot up. Normally i have to wait for 20 seconds or so then one of the lights turns blue and and then it starts up ok. Today, unfortunately, there isn't even a red light on the front and wont start up at all!

Now my main laptop is a Medion akoya that is a year old, i tried the power lead from that in my old Medion and there was still no power whatsoever.

Please can anyone tell me what to do?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Sometimes it is only the connector on the Motherboard that works loose and can be re-soldered.

My daughter had the same problem with a newish laptop and took it back to where she bought it from.

They tried a new battery on it and it started up Ok.

They still sent it to the Makers for a service,So not sure why it would not work with the battery removed and yet worked with a new battery.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Have you tried booting the old Laptop with the Hard Drive out? as it can stop a PC from booting

Like this post
bob dob

Likes # 0

Hi all, Great + Bad news!!!!! My friend has an old Medion (MIM 2230) that he has sold me for £40, i swapped hard drives and it boots up fine (well, as slow as it did in the original)- Im SO very happy!!!!!

Now, perhaps i should use Acronis to clone the hard drive onto the now redundant hard drive?

Ps- Yes Woodchip, i tried it without the hard drive and still no life! Pps- Buteman, id like to try the new battery in the old laptop but unfortunately that is a non-working one too- i think it is quite a common fault with the Medions.

Thank you Woodchip- Brilliant advice regarding folders i can't access!!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

iPhone buying advice: Should I buy an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, or iPhone 5c, or wait for7......