We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Repair scratched discs

collinsc

Likes # 0

Hi Has anyone come across a good way to repair lightly scratched discs? or is there another way to take the data from them?

Ive bought various cheapy gadgets before - which never work!

Thanks

Like this post
collinsc

Likes # 0

Thanks

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Like this post
collinsc

Likes # 0

thanks - i tried that (thats what i was talking about when i said cheapy gadgets), i think it's rubbish! may as well run a damp cloth over them!

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Rubbish? I found it to be very good on my discs. Perhaps your scratches are a bit to pronounced. Anyway, I am sorry it did not work for you.

Like this post
collinsc

Likes # 0

ok, thanks for the suggestion anyhow.

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

This stuff will bring out any depth of scratch if you use enough effort. I have used it many many times on discs belonging to others but it is hard work. If it's a small gouge in the disc then I use a cotton bud cit right down in a low voltage drill. Finish off with a duster and some spray polish... it won't harm the disc in the slightest and the disc will look pristine, no swirl marks or dullness.

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

Like this post
collinsc

Likes # 0

thanks guys. i have now found that they work on my PS3! Can i copy them from there!? thanks

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

Dunno is the honest answer lol

If it does play in a PS3 and not on your PC then it's marginal. If you haven't already doen so try giving it a good polish with a duster and spray on furniture polish (Mr Sheen type... that's suitable for all surfaces).

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to