We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Printing A2 on A4 paper

GBL

Likes # 0

I have written a document on A4 using Open Office, I have changed it to A2 format and wish to print it off with two pages of A2 side by side on A4 paper. I have tried but it either misses to top and bottom lines or comes out smaller in text. There must be a way.

Like this post
GBL

Likes # 0

I meant to put A5 onto A4 not A2.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I haven't got OO but there should be an option in page setup to print 2 pages per A4 sheet which would give you two A5 pages on one sheet of A4 in landscape.

Like this post
brambles

Likes # 0

geoffy I usually do it this way:

Open a new Word Document Orientation: Landscape Margins: Narrow Insert Table 1 line 2 columns Enter ABC in Col 1

Now Keep pressing Enter key till the outline of your page can be seen before it starts another page.

You can delete the ABC now - revert to your A4 document - select half of it copy & paste into Col 1 and the other halff copy/paste into Col2

It may need a bit of editing - but it will work.

You will be left with a border but this can be hidden - can't remember now but see how you get on.

Brambles

Like this post
Covergirl

Likes # 0

Yes, same as Brambles but I don't use a table - just make landscape 2 columns and paste in the text. If it doesn't fit, Select All and use the tool that reduces the font size a point at a time until it does.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback