We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Epson Stylus Photo R1900: Very slow printing

m800afc

Likes # 0

Intel Core i7 CPU [email protected] 3.81GHz 12Gb RAM: ATI Radeon HD 5770 Monitor 1 - BenQ2400W (Landscape): Monitor 2 - BenQ2400W (Portrait) Win 7 Pro 64bit Epson Stylus Photo R1900.

After working flawlessly, since I bought it 18 months ago, my printer has started pausing printing for no apparent reason. Printing a large (14Mb) A4 image causes the printer to pause three times for anything up to 30 minutes for every single print. It reminds me of a time when printer buffers were tiny and this pause was necessary. Can a similar thing be going on here? If so, how can I increase the printer buffer size? If this is not the case how can I restore the printer to full speed. If at all possible I would like to avoid printing to a file first as I have heard that it is very difficult to print from a file in W7 Thanks

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Try updating your driver via Device Manager - also take a look here enter link description here

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

You can find new drivers here and if needed Technical Support from Epsonenter link description here

Like this post
m800afc

Likes # 0

I am still having problems with my R1900 printer. I have removed all Epson software and all Epson Driver packages, and reinstalled just the R1900 printer driver. The printer now prints half of a 23Mb A4 print and then stops completely, with the on/off button flashing. Turning the printer off and on is the only way to reset the printer. I am unable to print an A4 photograph at all. For their part Epson simply referred me to a knowledge base page, but none of the items was related my problem. The printer has been happily printing from my computer for several months, and just suddenly started behaving in this way. Does anyone have any further suggestions?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...