We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

internet explorer 9 wont play youtube or any flash videos

patso

Likes # 0

can anyone help me with this nightmare ie9.no matter what it will not play youtube or flash videos.keeps telling me to download flash from adobe,donr this three times and installed still the same,any help please, thanks patso

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

patso

You are probably using the 64bit version of IE9 and the Flash system doesn't work in it. Try using your 32bit version and see if that works OK.

TonyV

Like this post
patso

Likes # 0

hi i forgot to say i am using 32 bit on vista ome premium,i have found this on google but wonder if its safe to do.http://www.ghacks.net/2011/02/16/internet-explorer-9-activex-filtering-fix-flash-java-and-other-plugins/ it says to disable active x filtering under tool safety,any ideas and is it safe to do overall,thanks again

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

patso

The settings referred to in your link are much the same as I have on my Win7 machine so I see no real problem with it.

Try it and see. If all else fails, revert back to what you had before the change.

TonyV

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

If it is a registry corruption through use of a registry 'fix' type of program then try to restore your registry via that program. Reboot then use File Hippo to manually install flash player.

Both versions available but scroll down for non-IE.

Have a look at This

Although it says it's not for Version 10 and over I still think it's a registry corruption. Good luck.

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 1

"it will not play youtube or flash videos.keeps telling me to download flash from adobe"

You'll also get that behaviour if Adobe Flash has been disabled in IE.

It'll only take a couple of seconds to check so click IE's Tools button then click on "Manage Add-ons". In the "Show" section bottom-left, make sure it's displaying "All Add-ons". In the main section, look for the "Shockwave Flash Object" and ensure it's set to "Enabled".

Like this post
patso

Likes # 0

ok thanks again for the replies.shock wave object is enabled thanks secret squirrell rdave13 and tonyv.the only thing working is to disable active x filtering,nothing else works.even googled and loads have same problem with ie 9.it seems its too safety minded.tried everything and nothing else works.its just that the other half uses ie ,i use google chrome which has no flash problems and seems a lot faster and better.thanks again for the help, cheers

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Have you tried tools, internet options, advanced tab and resetting internet explorer? You can then enable the add-ons a few at a time just to check that one of them isn't the cause of your problems.

Like this post
sheraz.civnom

Likes # 0

Flash Player does not work on 64bit version of IE. Either try to use 32bit version of IE or use any other broswer like Firefox or Google Chrome

Sheraz.civnom www.civnomtechnologies.com

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

sheraz.civnom

Flash Player does not work on 64bit version of IE

Bad statment.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Edit, "bad statement",

I blame the keyboards.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Exclusive: Samsung exits laptop market including Chromebooks

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 tips & tricks: Get to know iOS 8's handy new features