We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Picasa 3 edited photos

Yimbo
Resolved

Likes # 0

Here I am again, needing help! I've just edited a folder-full of photos using Picasa 3, and happy with the results. How do I get the edited photos back to "My Pictures" - either in a separate folder - or just to replace the original?

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

The only way I've found to do it, is to right click the individual photo and then 'save as' a different name. Long winded, but it works.

Like this post
orsta

Likes # 0

If I remember correctly, you save each photo after making any adjustments (File - Save or right click - Save) this will update the photo file held on your computer.

The unmodified/original photo file will then be placed in an .picssaoriginals folder.

Is this what you are after

c

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

At the top of each album immediately to the left of the 'Share' button is the 'Save' button. If you hover the mouse on it you will see 'Save edited photos to disk ' come up. Left click on the icon and then 'Save' in the window that appears. You will find a Picasa Original folder in the respective ' My Pics' folder. You can always undo 'save' for any of the photos in the Picasa 3 album.

Like this post  
muddypaws

Likes # 0

PS, 'Saving' will convert your original photos in your original 'My Pics' folder. As I said above you can undo 'save' for individual photos in the Picasa 3 left hand margin by clicking 'Undo Save' just above the histogram thingy! This will also revert back the photo to the original in the 'My Pics' folder.

Like this post
Yimbo

Likes # 0

Thanks folks for your help! It's much appreciated! I'll have a go later today!

Like this post
orsta

Likes # 0

At the top of each album immediately to the left of the 'Share' button is the 'Save' button

I had not seen that.

c

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Hmmmm - neither had I! Good tip.

Like this post
Bald Eagle

Likes # 0

At the top of each album immediately to the left of the 'Share' button is the 'Save' button

Not on mine there isn't!

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

Bald Eagle It doesn't say 'Save' until you hover the mouse on it. Never have decided what the blue icon represents. A computer? The button has been there for several versions of Picasa

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

PS. If you are running a Picasa web album and upload edited photos, you can do that without 'Saving to Disc' The edit in Picasa alone is uploaded. So I have found anyway.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...