We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

A couple of excel 2010 questions

awest3

Likes # 0

I'd like excel to open in File view rather than Home. 99/100 I want to work on an existing previously opened file.. is this possible?

Also I keep losing my recently used workbooks list. I'm assuming its something I'm running but can't find out what...any ideas..?

I do run CCleaner frequently but I've tested this and it has no effect.

Thanks

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

awest3

I don't know about Excel 2010, but if you go to the Start icon (Top Left) in 2007 Excel and click on the Advanced link, then traverse down to General and look at Start up. That will probably help you.

TonyV

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

awest3

Sorry, after clicking on the Start Icon, click on Excel Options first then do the bit I suggest!

TonyV

Like this post
awest3

Likes # 0

Hi, Thanks for this. I can't see a start button but I've looked in options and general but there is'nt a start up option that I can see.

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

awest3

By Start Button I mean the one that is Top Left Hand Side (Coloured), click that then go to Excel Options. Having said that, the layout for 2010 is probably somewhat different to that of 2007, in which case I can't be of any further use. Hope you get it sorted!

TonyV

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

awest3

I have to say that in just checking with CCleaner, it did in-fact, take all the recently opened files from the Recently opened list in Excel 2007.

TonyV

Like this post
awest3

Likes # 0

Thats right. but you can turn it off in the options area so that it ignores ms office.

thanks

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

awest3

That was something I hadn't thought of, though have to admit, it doesn't matter an awful lot to me whether the recently opened files are are showing or not these days!

Thanks

TonyV

Like this post
awest3

Likes # 0

I think I've found the culprit. Its very similar to the CCleaner solution. I also run Advanced system care now and again. It also has an option to turn off its affect on MS office programs. Not had a problem since I adjusted it.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...