We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Matt Egan

muffin1947

Likes # 0

Does anyone else get all these emails from someone called Matt Egan.I have three email addresses Hot Mail,GMAIL AND BT Internet and I get these emails sent to all three addresses how do I stop them.It says he is a PCA editor.I just counted eleven emails from him on my GMAIL account and that was just the first page.Any advice please.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

"It says he is a PCA Editor".

If you look at the bottom of the page, you will see a 'contact us' link. His name appears there.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

It seems to me that if you should change your registered email address you not only get these emails to the new address but the old one also.Just do what I do,direct them to the spam folder.

Like this post
Matt Egan

Likes # 0

Hi muffin1947, I know a character called Matt Egan...

The emails you get from me are our editorial newsletters. We send out two - the by-weekly general newsletter, and a daily round-up of tech news each evening at 5pm. If you're receiving them, you must have signed up for them (possibly when you joined the site). However, it's an opt-in service, we're here to provide advice and there's no benefit to anyone from us sending you emails you don't want. We pride ourselves on going beyond the law in keeping our email lists as clean as possible (and 70,000 people choose to receive our emails every day).

So, to unsubscribe from the PC Advisor newsletter, simply click on 'My Profile' at the top of this page (or the unsubscribe link in the emails). About halfway down the page you'll see two tickboxes for 'PC Advisor Newsletter' and 'PC Advisor Daily'. Untick one, or both of these, and hit 'Update My Account', and you'll no longer receive the emails. And I'll try not to be too upset.

Hope this helps. Post here or drop me an email if you have any further problems.

Like this post
Matt Egan

Likes # 0

gengiscant we absolutely don't spam people. If you're having a problem with our emails let me know. As I say above, we're not remotely interested in sending emails to people who don't want them.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

I did not say you spammed people, what I said is that if for whatever reason a registered email address has changed and one did not opt -out before changing email address then the newsletter will continue to be sent to the old address as well as the new.

Hope that's clearer!!!

Like this post
muffin1947

Likes # 0

Hi Matt thanks for your reply but both of those boxes were allready unticked.

Like this post
Matt Egan

Likes # 0

gengiscant Ah, yes, good point. If that's the case drop me a line with the relevant details. I'm always up for a bit of data cleansing...

Like this post
Matt Egan

Likes # 0

muffin1947 You're not wrong. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I just took the liberty of logging in as you, and I also checked both our email and user databases. You were unsubscribed at every stage up to - but not including - the email list, which is very odd.

So, firstly, I have manually taken you off the list, and you shouldn't receive any more emails. Please accept my apologies.

Almost as important, and so I can chase this up with our development team (and make sure no-one else is in the same situation), can you confirm that you had unsubscribed prior to today? I need to make sure it's not just a question of time (the email database queries the user database only at certain times, to reduce system overhead).

Like this post
muffin1947

Likes # 0

Hi Matt Yes I unticked these a couple of days ago.

Like this post
muffin1947

Likes # 0

I am still getting emails sent to my BT Internet email account.I have had some sent every day this week can these be stopped

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone Air release date rumours, specs, leaked photos: 5.5in iPhone 6 expected

IDG UK Sites

Alternatives to iPad Air: iPad Air vs best tablets from Samsung, Sony, Microsoft, Google & more

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Apple launches a new Swift blog, signaling language's importance