We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Differences between MS Office 2007 & 2010

anchor

Likes # 0

My cousin in Wales teaches at a local college of Higher Education. He has MS Office 2007 on his home PC and has been informed by the college that their computer system is soon to be upgraded to Office 2010.

He has asked me if I know what are some of the principle differences between the two versions. I have no idea, but feel sure that some of you will know. Thanks for your help.

Like this post
duncan_pereira

Likes # 0

Nothing worth shouting about. The changes are only minor and most people will not be bothered by them. The 'ribbon' has been changed and there are new tools like a screen capture app but other than that, the learning curve for using it will be minimal

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

From a user experience the differences are minimal. In Word for example some of the ribbon menus are slightly different for advanced tasks such as mail merging and setting personal preferences. In Outlook I have noticed a more marked change in the menus and ribbons. Setting up an e-mail account just seems to be more complicated and finding advanced options in slightly different places is confusing at first.

I don`t think that the average student is going to notice too much. There are more bells and whistles in terms of fonts and colours and styles I think but the overall day to day stuff is the same.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...