We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Virginmedia E-mail?

buteman
Resolved

Likes # 0

I received this e-mail this morning from Virginmedia.

It's a great time to introduce your friends to Virgin Media as we are offering 50 pounds credit on your bill for each friend you introduce to Virgin Media before the 31st October 2011.

You'll be letting them in on loads of brilliant stuff. Like the very best of digital TV, superfast fibre optic broadband and great value call packages.

Got someone in mind? Just click on the link below to connect your friends.

Now I can't help feeling a bit suspicious about the 50 pounds.

Now I had two letters.One was my Bill and this was the other.

This one was in the junk mail the other in normal mail.

Anyone else with Virgin get the same E-mails.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

I should have said apart from the 50 pound the letter looks genuine but I don't want to press the unsubscribe button just in case.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Its genuine Virgin Referal Scheme

Not uncommon now. PlusNet have been doing this for years and offer a 50p ongoing reduction for referred customers. I save £5.50 per month because I have several friends and family who are also with PlusNet. Makes me chuckle when BT ring every few months and I tell them what I`m paying for my BB deal. Who's offering you that? Are you sure? Yes, PlusNet - You own them I say!

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Hi Taff.

Just the small difference.

Yours. £50 off your bill

Mine. 50 pounds credit on your bill.

Maybe they do it that way so that you will not click on the unsubscribe button.

Probably genuine but just waiting to see if any other Virginmedia customer gets the same e-mail then I can unsubscribe with safety.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

I am with Virgin and have not received the email as of yet, my address is ntl but that should not make a difference.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Strawballs

I am in the Northants area and check my bill through the internet.

Are you the same or do you still get normal paper bills.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

I'm on the southcoast in the Solent area and also have paperless billing.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Invite confirms 9 September launch

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...