We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

HD 6450 or GT 520?

duncan_pereira

Likes # 0

I'm buying a new graphics card for a HTPC Build and have found these two:

MSI Nvidia GT 520

Asus Radeon HD 6450

I'm at a loss here because both feature DX11 Support, both have 1gb of memory and both have performance levels which cancel each other out overall as well as having the same price.

Which should I go for?

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

There is very little difference,I can see by your choices that you do not want to spend to much on a decent graphics card but for a few quid more I would go for the 5570.

Like this post
duncan_pereira

Likes # 0

I thought of that but I'm probably chancing my luck with only a 350w Antec PSU. Upgrading it is probably out of the question as it's one of quietest PSU's around and I wouldn't want a noisy HTPC humming away.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

In that case there is very little difference between the 520 and the 6450,so it could just as well be down to whether you have a preference for Nvidia or ATI. Or just toss a coin.LOL

Like this post
AndroidJunkie

Likes # 0

you mention noise levels and the ATI card has no fan to cool it unlike the nVidia counter part, there's your answer ;)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'