We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

SSD Bargain

gengiscant

Likes # 0

Anyone looking for a cheap SSD? Crucial

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

For your Laptop SSD you need one of these.

Click Hear

Like this post
RussB78

Likes # 0

Hello all

No I didn`t manage to remove that splash screen, I do not have the Full Screen Logo Show nor anything else even remotely like it.

My Boot up is reasonable and my closdown is very good, so I do keep trying to remove that 20 second pain in the arse, then my ssd would be really fine.

Many Thanks

Russell

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

gengiscant - yes I do now. Strange that there is nothing in the BIOS. That is usually the first thing I get rid of - every second counts on startup especially when retired and "have no time to spare" !!!

Like this post
RussB78

Likes # 0

Hello all

No I couldnt get rid of that splash screen, I dont have Full Screen Logo Show nor anything even remotely like it in the BIOS.

My SSD is installed correctly and works just fine, but it would be nice to get rid of that 20 second pain in the rump so that the SSD can perform at its full potential.

On the OCZ web site there is a very good advice and help piece that is more than 40 pages long and I would advise anyone thinking of getting a SSD to go and read this first, it really is very informative.

I have been working with computers since the old Atari then Amiga days and am quite at home working inside or out of them, and when these problems crop up I do like to fix them if I can.

Many thanks for your interest.

Russell

Like this post
RussB78

Likes # 0

Sorry again about two postings, I thought the first one had vanished into space and then wrote another one.

I am not as keen to visit this site as I used to do, strange things do seem to happen.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

northumbria61It will be there somewhere, sometimes its pretty well hidden.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Drive arrived today. Firmware updated from 0002 to 0006 so hopefully Win 7 will trim automatically. Waiting for brackets from Amazon then getting the time to install.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

For anyone that bought the Crucial offer and did not realize that you do not get a bracket/tray for converting a 3.5 HDD bay to a 2.5 SSD bay you need nothing more than this. SSD Tray It was not until I received mine that I realized that it was not included as it is usually with new drives.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Being a skinflint I bought these, Brackets

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

rdave Very good find,I am going to order a set myself as I like to have a spare and apart from that my other SSD an OCZ 64GB actually fits on to the case itself and I sold my tray that came with it so when I come to change my case I will probably need something. At this price it won't matter if they are crap.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Chromecast deals aplenty as gadget turns one: Discounts and free music streaming

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

5 ways drones are being used for good