We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

SSD Bargain

gengiscant

Likes # 0

Anyone looking for a cheap SSD? Crucial

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

OK. Tried to resist but just ordered the 64 GB one for £46. I can then play about with it. Many thanks gengiscant.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Great link. Things are moving in the right direction? Although I reckon 92GB would be min acceptable for W7.

Just need a source of Optical Bay HDD conversion kits for laptops.

ie want my existing laptop with SSD, HDD in bay, any old ext DVDRW.

or mini PCI-express solution? Use a mini WiFi dongle to replace the lost card?

btw those SSDs are 'refurbs'. Presumably they have used High Purity IPA to remove all greasy fingerprints and repacked in a BRAND NEW anti-static bag and box/Jiffy.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

robinofloxley, Presumably they have used High Purity IPA to remove all greasy fingerprints and repacked in a BRAND NEW anti-static bag and box/Jiffy

I don't know but as they are from Crucial I'd say thev've been thoroughly checked and packed. Will wait and see.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

I also tried to resist but bought the 64GB, I am beginning to wish that I had bought the 128GB.By the way really did not need it as I have a OCZ Vertex anyway but couldn't resist and I had a few quid in my PayPal account anyway.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

would having a second ssd for the page file make any improvement to speed

Like this post
RussB78

Likes # 0

The best advice is to leave the Pagefile on the Boot Drive, that`s from OCZ Forum.

I have a Vertex 2 and it is pretty fast, but I can`t get rid of the Intel Splash Screen on bootup which dislays for over 20 seconds and is a pain in the rump.

Medion MD8822 Computer running Windows 7.

Like this post
RussB78

Likes # 0

The best advice is to leave the Pagefile on the Boot Drive, that`s from OCZ Forum.

I have a Vertex 2 and it is pretty fast, but I can`t get rid of the Intel Splash Screen on bootup which dislays for over 20 seconds and is a pain in the rump.

Medion MD8822 Computer running Windows 7.

Like this post
RussB78

Likes # 0

Sorry about the double post but I got a message in red asking to post it again.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

*RussB78 - I can`t get rid of the Intel Splash Screen on bootup which displays for over 20 seconds and is a pain in the rump.*

It is a BIOS fix - Access the BIOS on startup using the DELETE key (normally) - select Advanced Bios Features - Scroll down to find Full Screen LOGO Show - change to Disable - Save & Exit.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Remember this? northumbria61 http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/1/helproom/4070965/remove-intel-screen/?ob=datea&pn=2 I don't believe RussB78 managed to solve the problem with the splash-screen then.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: How to buy an iPhone 6 today