We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Comodo Secure DNS: Website Blocked....???

hawthorn59

Likes # 0

Hi Folks

I got this message when I tried to enter a website; I've also got it before for other websites. The thing is, I dont have anything by Comodo installed on my pc, so is this a scam/fake?

Heres the text:

"Comodo Secure DNS Warning Warning: Unsafe Website Blocked! imgfarm.com

This website has been blocked temporarily because of the following reason(s):

* Malware: Site may contain content that is harmful, illegal, or malicious to your computer

Go back to safety (Recommended)

This website has been reported as unsafe by various users and we do NOT recommend you to continue browsing. Disregard this warning and continue (Not Recommended)"

thanks

h

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Did you ever download Comodo just to try it then remove it.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Did you ever download the trial version of this.

http://www.comodo.com/trustconnect/

Just wondering if that could be the problem.

I think you only get a 7 day trial so after that things may return to normal.

Look in add-remove for any Comodo programs and delete them.

Or go to msconfig and see if it is ticked on there and untick it.

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

"so is this a scam/fake?"

I don't think it's scam as the domain mentioned in the message does appear to have a reputation for hosting malware.

At some point you've probably changed your default DNS servers to use Comodo's "Secure DNS" ones.

If you'd like me to confirm that then let me know which Windows version you're running. If you get your Internet connection from a router then do you use wireless or a cable connection?

Like this post
orsta

Likes # 0

Comodo offer the Secure DNS server when installing their Internet Suite.

If you do not want to use this service have a look here.

http://www.comodo.com/secure-dns/index.html

c

Like this post
hawthorn59

Likes # 0

I definitely have nothing by Comodo installed. A search discovered only the emails from PC Advisor telling me of your replies!

My internet comes from a wireless router....is it possible theres something working in the router? I suppose thats actually a good thing then....!

h

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

"I definitely have nothing by Comodo installed."

You don't need to install anything by Comodo to use their DNS servers.

"My internet comes from a wireless router....is it possible theres something working in the router?"

If you still want to find out what's going on then you'll need to answer all the questions I asked. You may have wireless router but how does your PC connect to it - wireless or cable?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 930 review: The flagship Windows Phone 8.1 smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Live Blog: Apple financial results, record June quarter, 35.2m iPhones sold, $37.4b revenue

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger