We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

FireFox add-ons

VCR97
Resolved

Likes # 0

I downloaded the add-ons and restarted FF. I then noticed that McAfee Site Advisor was missing. I checked the add-on list and saw a message stating that the Site Advisor add-on would be installed when FF was restarted,even though I had just done a restart. I restarted again but I got just the same result. After another restart with no change I tried to cancel the update but nothing happened. I can't cancel the update and the message remains.So I can't install or cancel the update. What now?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Try View.Toolbars.And make sure Site advisor is ticked if on there.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Oops maybe I was thinking of I/E.

Does it say not compatible on it in add ons.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

If it says not compatible with Site Advisor.Download and use this tool from Firefox to get it working again.

Sorry tool will not open .Google for this in Firefox. Compatibility-Reporter.0.8.7

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

Try Tools, Add-Ons, Extension, it may be disabled you can click on it and and try to enable it.

My OS is Vista

Like this post
VCR97

Likes # 0

Thanks both.

butemanThere is no Site Advisor toolbar. The only message is that the update will be installed when FF is restarted.

*Ex plorer * Cicking does nothing. Right-clicking gives a menu with everything greyed out except "Cancel install" and "Visit home page".

Everything was OK until I asked for the update. All is OK on my other computer. I'll see if I can get some info from FF support. If I get a solution I'll post it here.

Like this post
VCR97

Likes # 0

FF support suggested removing the update download but it couldn't be found. I reinstalled FF following their suggested procedure but that made no difference. I removed all traces of FF and reinstalled again. All now OK.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G vs Nokia Lumia 530 comparison: What's the best budget smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Everything you need to know about Apple's iPhone Camera in iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't trust password managers

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer