We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PC is stuck at BIOS Screen

Likes # 0

Hi, I started my computer, but however it got stuck at the BIOS screen. I have tried switching it on and off several times. It has been stuck at the BIOS screen for 3 hours. I really need help. All keyboard functions are not reconsigned and I can't boot from any form of media.

Please Help Me

Thanks for all help in advance.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Hmmm. With that spec and age, I think it's time to bite the bullet and buy new - sorry!

If no backup, you can recover the data off your hard disk to the new PC quite easily.

Like this post

Likes # 0

onthelimit1 as said in an early post I bought a new (rather exspensive) PC at Christmas so no cash for another new one. Would reseting the CMOS help?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

have you checked the air vents are clear of dust and fluff if so inside will also need cleaning.

Check that the fans are working if you go inside.

Just wondering if a new C-Moss battery would fix the problem.

Were you having any problems with keeping the proper date and time on it before this happened.

Like this post

Likes # 0

No, I was having no issues with Date and Time prior to the incident. Will clean PC now.

Like this post

Likes # 0

There seems to be several leads unconnected (SATA). There appears to be nowwhere to connect them either. Do oyou want me to senda picture, of the inside of my PC?

Thanks, Aaron G.

Like this post

Likes # 0

Hi all, great news. I cleaned my PC and everything is fine. Windows now starts. I also removed the RAM and reinserted it.

Thanks everyone for your help!!

Best Wishes for the Future!!

Aaron Graham

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 vs iPad mini 2 comparison: New iPad mini 3 isn't worth £80 more

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

View an animated vision of a better future for Ethiopian girls

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...