We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to make a copy of a DVD

loopyloo

Likes # 0

My friend has given me a dvd she made of a concert she recorded on Sky Plus. I would like to make an extra copy as backup because I am forever losing dvd's. Please can someone inform me as to how I can do this on my computer. I am running Windows 7 and have one drive for dvd/cd's.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Can't help you with the copy, but I'm not sure this is legal; if not the FE will soon let you know!

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Use imgburn its free Use Mirror 8 to download from then wheninstalled and opened just choose create image file from disc then write image file to disc link text

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"I'm not sure this is legal"

Technically it isn't, but as you're simply making the backup for your personal use I'm sure you need not fear a knock on the door from the copyright police.

In general terms, recording TV programmes is OK, as long as you don't start making multiple copies of the recording, and passing them around amongst your mates.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"recording TV programmes is OK"

Even concerts, and passing them on? Would the Performing Rights Society be happy with that?

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Well even copying a CD is technically illegal but the OP was ''How To'' not ''is it Legal''.Good grief we are not talking about Pirate copies of copywritten DVD's.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 tips & tricks: Get to know iOS 8's handy new features