We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

help!! asus U35F or asus UL30VT???? thank you thank you thank you! :D

sophiesoph

Likes # 0

Hey guys, I'm going into my freshman year of college, and I need a small, fast laptop that can handle lotttsss of internet browsers open, as well as tonnnsss of word documents at the same time.

I'm currently deciding between the aforementioned lappies, both ASUS, the U35F and the UL30VT...so my main concern is with the UL30VT's processor. It is a Core 2 Duo at 1.3 GHZ, whereas the U35F's is an i3 at 2.4GHZ. how do the two speeds compare, and which one do you think I should go with, considering how I'll be using the laptop? confuseddddd.

if anyone has owned these laptops and has positive or negative things to say, i'd love to hear anything that can help me with the decision!!

THANK YOU!!! your help is much appreciated!

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

There's no contest - The Intel i3 is much faster. Are you sure you want a small screen 13.3 inches?

Like this post
sophiesoph

Likes # 0

ok wonderful. My current CPU(AMD V160) is actually rated much slower than the SU7300 and its plennnttyyy fast for me, so do you think the SU7300 would be fine? I'm thinkin it will be, especially since i've heard better things about the UL30VT...i hope! ;P YES! The tiny size is exactly why i love these ones; i need maximum portability for school without it being a netbook. :) thanks for your response! :D

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

I need maximum portability for school without it being a NETBOOK (your words) but the ASUS UL30VT is a Netbook.

The specifications of ASUS UL30Vt netbook in the detail:

1.Netbook Processor:Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.Operating System with netbook:Windows 7 3.Chipset of netbook:Mobile Intel GS45 Express Chipset 4.RAM: 2GB DDR3 RAM 5.Screen Display:13.3? HD 6.Graphics Card :NVidia 512MB 7.Hard Drive:Options for250/320/500GB SATA 8.Multimedia Card Reader:4 in 1 card reader, SD,MMC,MS,MS-Pro 9.WEB Camera:0.3 Mega Pixel web camera 10.LAN/WLAN:WiFi ,Integrated 802.11 b/g/n,Atheros AR8132M 10/100Mb Ethernet 11.Built-in Bluetooth

I don't know what price you expect to pay for this but it is a decent spec.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

But then I leave myself wide open to be "shot down" - although described as a Netbook -

Size is the best way to distinguish a netbook from a laptop. A netbook's size will range from 11 inches to 10 inches. There are of course smaller netbooks, but they are almost more like oversized cell phones. Standard laptops, also called notebooks, are from 13 inches to 17 inches

Like this post
sophiesoph

Likes # 0

Yeah, I saw it described as a notebook, not a netbook, but the name doesn't really matter for me, I just didn't want one of the lower voltage/lower speed processors found in the 10 and 11 inch netbooks....so the UL30VT is great:)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Just graduated? Learn all you need to know to kickstart your career in our Creative Graduate Guide