We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Recommended Internet security suites

charlton200

Likes # 0

Hello, I prefer the all-in-one internet security suite's. Which ones do you recommend, being excellent and not slowing my computer down.

Thanks

Like this post
macsteve

Likes # 0

Hi,

If you are looking for a all-in-one internet security suite.

I would recommend ESET NOD 32 been using it for years and is truly a install and forget system and doesn't slow your computer down.

Picked up my last copy at Christmas for only £12 but prices vary.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Norton 2011

Like this post
orsta

Likes # 0

Comodo and it's free.

c

Like this post
lucky1

Likes # 0

Norton 2011 cannot be beaten.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

I know that you are looking for a Security Suite but to me just a waste of money unless you are going to buy a good Anti-malware program to go along with it.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

buteman - a good suite contains a good anti-malware program.

Norton is good nowadays. I have Kaspersky because it came free with my on-line banking. Malwarebytes and SAS does not find anything Kaspersky hasn't already found apart from a few tracking cookies. If I was to pay I would go down the Norton route.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Woolwell

All I can say is any good Anti-Malware program with full time protection along with any free Anti-Virus program works ok for me.

The days of Anti-virus programs protecting your computer are long gone and you have to move with the times.

So to me paying for an anti-virus program is not as good as paying for a good Anti-Malware program.

An example of cheap Security without paying through the nose is this.

http://store.v3.co.uk/?act=search&brand=289

Click on buy for Emisoft Anti-Malware and you also get AVG both for £21 that is about all the protection that you need for a small outlay.

Not everyones cup of tea maybe but to me gives you the basic security that you need to feel safe with.

Or just Emisoft on its own with the likes of MSE Free will do just as good.

At the moment I am using Avast Internet Security which I got free for 1 year and I am quite impressed with that.

I used Norton years ago and had nothing but problems with it and even if I got it free today I still would not use it.

I know it is a far better product nowadays but not for me.

The pro version of MalwareBytes is a one off payment I believe so well worth paying for that.

If you look for coupon codes for it you can get it even cheaper.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Outpost security Suite Pro

Free for the next 22 hours 1 year license

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The 10 most ridiculously opulent, mega expensive and utterly stupid gadgets you can't afford

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

5 things Android Wear *can't* do: Smartwatch OS is great but not flawless

IDG UK Sites

Free QuarkXPress update offers redlining, notes and image enhancement