We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

can't connect to itunes store

anniesboy
Resolved

Likes # 0

We three PCs ,two desktops running Vista and laptop running W7.

Neither of the desktops will connect to itunes store,all music in collection shows and can be played. However the store will not connect I just get a blank page,both run the latest version of itunes 10.4.0 80

The laptop with an earlier version of itunes runs no problem. However I cant install an earlier version on the desktops,as the only option is repair or uninstall. I assume uninstalling will result in loss of collection,is that correct? Or any other ideas, I can contact Apple support I guess at a cost.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

No problem here with ITunes, sorry I can't offer any advce. I am new to ITunes since I bought iPad2 a couple of months ago.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

No problem here with ITunes, sorry I can't offer any advce. I am new to ITunes since I bought iPad2 a couple of months ago.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

No idea if it works: Itunes

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

You will not loose your music if you uninstall and re install, as the proper i tunes system files are in "Progranne Files" folder in C Drive but the i tunes folder which has your music etc is seperate. You could, as a precaution (I do this regularly) copy your itunes folder to a seperate drive (USB HD for exanple.)I assume you have logged in with your i tunes account and password, even if you only use iTunes vouchers?

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

PS I assume you know that up to 5 PC's can be used per account , and thet you have "registered" them.

Like this post
anniesboy

Likes # 0

Thanks chaps, I will work through the suggestions. So far no luck.

I am logged in ,I have an earlier backup but cant see how to backup now.

Like this post
anniesboy

Likes # 0

Yes all PCs registered

Like this post
anniesboy

Likes # 0

Looks like I'm not alone, http://is.gd/2addeL

Ive not tried the detailed uninstall reinstall yet.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Running iTunes 10.4 on Vista and able to access the store. Must be a setting on your system.

To update my ipad software I had to turn off my anti-virus suite completely (anti-virus, malware and firewall). Have you tried turning off the firewall and for short period your antivirus whilst trying to connect to the store?

Like this post
anniesboy

Likes # 0

Well after a call to Apple support ,their suggestions didn't work.

The following did, this was after updating to 10.4.1

1- Download itunes 10.4.0.1 (the latest version of itunes)

2- while downloading it , Uninstall the old version of itunes you have (or just uninstall iTunes if you are already running 10.4.0.1

3- Uninstall Quicktime also

4- Uninstall Apple software update

5- Uninstall Apple mobile device support

6- Uninstall Bonjour

7- Uninstall Apple application support

8- Reinstall iTunes 10.4.0.1

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs Samsung Galaxy S5 comparison review: Apple takes on Samsung once again in smartphone...

IDG UK Sites

Just another opinion about Apple's new iPhone

IDG UK Sites

Intel Xeon E5 v3 Haswell processors review: we check out the fastest chips on the planet

IDG UK Sites

Apple Watch hands-on review | Apple Watch design, spec, features & UK pricing