We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

garmin downloads

mrs room top

Likes # 0

Can anyone help me, is it possible to get free updates for my garmin nuvi without paying for it. It's so expensive.

Like this post
Pineman100

Likes # 0

You can get free update trivia sometimes, such as the colour of the car shown on the screen. But full map updates are never free.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Have a look here

Like this post
Pineman100

Likes # 0

Wow, Fruit Bat /\0/!

Are those proper navigation maps which will function completely as official Garmin maps do in a sat-nav? And are they copyright-legal?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

And are they copyright-legal?

Yes as open source

Are those proper navigation maps which will function completely as official Garmin maps do in a sat-nav?

Never tried them. You should download to a SD card and insert in the garmin that way you do not affect the previous garmin software.

Like this post
Pineman100

Likes # 0

Hmmm - much of my Garmin software is already on a Micro-SD card in the machine. I'm not certain that I want to risk it!

But many thanks for the further info.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

Apple financial results: iPhones, iPads & Macs sales for Apple's Q2 2014, plus shares to split

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer