We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Sata Hdd not seen in Bios

clucker

Likes # 0

Hi. I have changed my Motherboard and cpu (Asus P5G41T-m LX & Intel E6600), All other parts are original; 200Gb Sata Hdd (data Storage only), 500Gb sata Hdd, (Windows 7 O/s installed)& 2 Opticle drives on IDE.When the system boots and I go in the Bios the 2 Opticle drives are identified on the IDE but only the 200Gb Hdd is recognised, the 500 Gb Hdd is not recognised, I have tried different sata & power leads and all different configurations in the Bios to try and "find" the Hdd. It is still not seen in the Bios, any ideas anyone..?

Like this post
clucker

Likes # 0

Bios updated, still not working, the drive was working perfectly before the Motherboard change.

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

On the chance that you may have damaged the cable when you changed the motherboard, try changing both data and power cable to that drive or try the good drive with those cables. Terry

Like this post
clucker

Likes # 0

Thanks terry, have tried that, leads are good.!

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

double check the wiring on the motherboard make sure all connections are on properly.

I have had problems in the past where a loose connection caused unrecognized hardware.

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

what about the drivers cd?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia replaces budget Lumia 520 with 530: Release date, price and specs

IDG UK Sites

Everything you need to know about Apple's iPhone Camera in iOS 8

IDG UK Sites