We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Need help buying a new laptop

DaShyFrEaK

Likes # 0

My budget is around 800 pounds. I need a laptop good for gaming but not necessarily a gaming laptop. I have been looking around on the internet a lot and I am not able to find a one that satisfies me. Help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

You could consider these -

Intel Core i5 - link text

Intel Core i7 - link text

Like this post
DaShyFrEaK

Likes # 0

The i5 one, is a good option. But I was hoping a laptop from Acer. But it isn't bad. Thank you. The alienware, well it exceeds my budget!

Like this post
DaShyFrEaK

Likes # 0

I found this laptop at amazon, though its above my budget, can anyone tell me if its the current model? http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0053CK0Q4/ref=redir

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

There are plenty of i5 and i7 from Acer to choose from here link text

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

The alienware, well it exceeds my budget!

I can't advise as to whether the Sony is the current model - but if the Alienware exceeds your budget, why are you looking at Sony which is £894?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do