We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Canon MG6150 Multi Function Installation Problem

Dannyb

Likes # 0

I have a laptop with Windows 7 and have just bought the above printer which is connnected via USB to my desktop. The printer works fine with my desktop but I cannot get it to work with my laptop via WiFi. The printer shows in 'My Printers' on my laptop but only shows scanning not printing capabilities. I have downloaded both the MP Driver and the XPS Driver but I keep getting the message that the MP driver is not installed correctly. I can't think of how to install the MP Driver correctly.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

My Desktop has an USB MP250 AllinOne connected since last year.

I installed with the CD/DVD on my Desktop only.

The laptop sorted itself out when I Added network Printer. ie W7 just did the drivers on the laptop automatically. desktop runs W7 as well.

I use wired or wifi connection.

Every few months the laptop Printer Spooler doesn't run correctly (Start Run/Services), and has to be restarted manually. Then it's usually fine for another few months.

Dunno how similar my MP250 is to yours but above is the limit of what I found.

It maybe worth removing/uninstalling the Printer completely from the laptop and rebooting.

Others will have to suggest further I am afraid. If you still have problems Good luck.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

AFAIK you have to install the Canon Drivers before you connect the printer

Like this post
Dannyb

Likes # 0

Many thanks chaps. Tried both but neither have worked. Windows can't install the driver and the MP driver always fails to install correctly. Back to the drawing board me thinks.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'