We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

HP Pavilion 491.uk

duncan_pereira

Likes # 0

Does anyone know where I can find any product documentation as to how I can go about removing my HP's Hard Drive cage and front bezel? The HP site has listed the PC but there is no information on what I require. The product name is as listed in the title and the website can be found here http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?cc=gb&dlc=en&lc=en&product=82332&

Thanks

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

My HP desktop came with user guides installed as part of the software. In that is a pdf file 'upgrading and servicing guide' which gives details of how to remove the hard drive and front bezel.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

On the site you gave there is also a link to this Installing or replacing a hard drive and that too should give you all you need.

Like this post
duncan_pereira

Likes # 0

I did see that particular page but the instructions are very generalized with only four diagrams showing the most common HDD Cage setup, none of which are relevent to me. And sadly due to the PC's age, I've installed Ubuntu hence wiping away the user guides which came pre-loaded

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

On my old HP to get a the drive you had to remove 2 screws from each side case panel at the rear and slide the panels back about 1/2" then they lifted off allowing access to the four screws that hold in the drive.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

The plastic front of the case can be sprung off one you have removed the two side panels but I think you can change the drive without taking the front off

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

you do not need the front panel off to remove the hard drive you need both side panels off. you will see two screws in the hard drive and dvd p[layer at both sides, front panel should just pull off forward.

hard drive comes out from inside, after removing the sides from pc

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers