We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Unlocking phones

ZoeeBeth23

Likes # 0

Can you unlock the Samsung Galaxy Fit onto o2?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

You lock it to a particular network not unlock it. If you unlock a phone any sim should work bar 3 I think. If you do not want to follow 'Fruit bat's' suggestion there is bound to be somewhere near you that will do it,for a price of course, just look in your local phone shops.

Like this post
johnnyrocker

Likes # 0

and the result out of interest?

johnny

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

I just recently had a Samsung phone unlocked at a local shop. It was previously on contract with Orange. I looked at sites on the Internet and found they would send me an unlock code with instructions for £25. My first thought was what if it doesn't work and the price seemed a bit steep too. My local shop charged me £10 and I was then SIM free to put any card in.

My advice would be to find a local shop - takes about 20 minutes.

Like this post
AlanHo

Likes # 0

I got my Samsung Galaxy unlocked at a local market - a stand selling computer accessories. It took the guy about 15 minutes and he charged me £6

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 530 review: £60 smartphone offers decent build and performance, awful screen and...

IDG UK Sites

Apps watch: What the NFL can teach UK sports such as cricket and rugby

IDG UK Sites

Game of Thrones VFX work wins Emmy for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

How to win iTunes Festival 2014 tickets: See Pharrell Williams, Ed Sheeran, Paolo Nutini, Kylie &...