We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

AOL email via Outlook 2010 send/receive error

Marko797
Resolved

Likes # 0

My ISP is AOL, but for email I use Outlook 2010 to connect to AOL, which has worked fine for years. I'm using XP Pro.

2 days ago I opened Outlook 2010 (no problem opening) as usual to check email, only to find about 3000+ emails (previously received) were downloading into Outlook. I let it run its course then deleted all the emails.

Since then, everytime I open Outlook at the bottom right there is the warning triangle telling me 'send/receive error'. So I've clicked the error tab and it shows there is an error for receiving. Message is alog the lines of "Receiving reported error 0x800CCC90. Your incoming (POP3)email server has reported an internal error....

Does this mean there's a problem at AOL, and if so has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks in advance.

PS This has happened on both my laptop and desktop which have the identical settings and nothing has been changed at all in connection with set-up or account details.

Like this post
Marko797

Likes # 0

Just to update, I can still send email and receive, but after it's has downloaded the emails I still get the 'send/receive' error and warning triangle.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Marko797

Check this out, scroll down and everything before doing anything CLICK HERE

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Should say...'read everything'

Like this post
Marko797

Likes # 0

Thanks but no joy, Graphicool1.

Today I removed all emails from aol webmail, then deleted the aol profile in outlook and created a new one; myemail@aol.com(1) is the way it now appears. Seems to have cleared the problem and no more send/receive error or warning triangle, but now need to work out how to remove the myemail@aol.com original.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014